Hacking is one of the biggest threats to your personal information stored on your computer. Be it banking information, pictures or other documents; a hacker can use all of the information for whatever purpose the hacker may feel like.
Furthermore, these threats are not to be taken lightly. Even your website can be broken into and hacked. Most hackers are notorious and change various things on your computer as well your website. If your website has been hacked, you may end up being locked out of your website, and you may risk losing all of your data.
Here are 7 sure signs that you and your website have been hacked:
- You get redirected to various pages you did not want to visit.
- Your homepage and search engine preferences have been changed.
- Your browser does not work with the same speed anymore.
- You see more history and new items added to your favorites list.
- Google Chrome sends you many warnings about phishing and other red flagged campaigns.
- Your hosting provider takes off your website because it has been hacked.
- Google Search flags your website as hacked by showing “This website may harm your computer.”
Some easy tricks to save the data on your computer and to protect your website!
Here are some simple methods of protecting yourself:
- You should hire Magento developer for your websites. It would make sense to research properly. Go with the best Magento Development company for you website.
- Keep track of your OS updates and make sure to update your OS regularly. This will help you keep your system’s defences up and running.
- Download a good security system for your computer. Update your anti-virus systems regularly and make sure to keep them updated. Remember that a premium subscription will allow you to get the best service possible.
- Do not make use of open Wi-Fi networks. These open networks are the most dangerous for your computer; this makes it easy for the hackers to access your data and computer’s hardware.
- Remember to clean your computer and all the hard-disks when you discard your computer or sell it, somebody. You never know who gets their hands on the data on your computer.
With the above-mentioned points keep your website and your computer safe from hacking and other activities that will and may potentially because you harm.
Author Profile: Junaid Ali Qureshi is leader/representative/frontrunner of an expert magento development team and an experienced digital marketing specialist dedicated to develop intuitive, well crafted, smart websites having blistering opening on search engine(s) making time and money worthwhile. His current ventures include magentodevelopers.online, Elephantation, eLabelz, Smart Leads.ae, Progos Tech and eCig.