Computers are a vital part of our everyday living, it doesn’t matter you belong to any field, computers are so necessary for every field but there are several issues with the Windows computer. The most irritating difficulty with the Windows computer is it freezes and hangs a lot after one and a half year of its purchase. Today I am giving you the solution of your question why my computer is slow? These methods will make you a Computer Smart. If you want to know more Computer Tricks then Read this post.
There are many causes why the computers our system freeze and hangs, the main reason behind this is the caches that are saved in the drives of the PC. If you go to the definition of Cache “Cache is a collection of items of the same type stored in some hidden or inaccessible places in the drive”. If you want to know more about Cache then Read this.
So let’s start the topic why my computer is slow.
What to do if My Computer is Slow?
1.) Uninstall all unused programs:
When you purchase a new PC, it comes with some preload programs that you need but when you start using your PC you need more programs to make your work easier, so you install many other programs. But, when you doesn’t need any program you need to uninstall that program because if you don’t uninstall the program it occupies your disk space and RAM too, which makes your system sluggish.
Steps to uninstall your unused programs:
- Go to the control panel and then click on add or remove programs or uninstall a program (depends on the operating system).
- Then you see a list of your programs that are installed on your system.
- Click on the program that you don’t use and uninstall it.
2.) Delete all the caches and unnecessary files.
When you install a new program it will create some kind of temporary files that it needs on installing but after the installation, these files are unused for the programs. But these files will reside on the disk which utilizes the space of your disk.
This would be the temporary files, cache files and even the browser history files and other kinds of files that are created to run your programs fluently. You need to delete these kinds of temporary files so that your PC will work smoothly.
Steps to delete temporary files:
- Go to the search bar of your Windows and search for “Run” or you can press windows+R.
- Then a small window will open where you have to type “%temp%“. It will open a folder named as temporary files, all you need to do is delete all the files from your system.
- When you delete these files from your the folder it will save on the recycle bin go to the recycle bin and clean it too. Delete all the files if some of the files are not deleting don’t worry skip them.
- Now go back to the run command and then type “prefetch” and then a new window will pop up where you see a list of files and folders that you don’t need. Delete all the files if some of the files are not deleting don’t worry skip them.
- Delete all these files from this folder and then go to the recycle bin and delete from there too.
3.) Save your important data to an External Hard Drive.
If you want to make your computer faster, there is a simple trick to do this. Save all your large files like movies, games, and songs to an external drive because the more your internal hard disc is free, the more will be your speed of the computer.
Do not save your programs and files directly to your desktop because it will create more cache and temporary files. Because if you save any file directly on your desktop it will create an image with the background image which occupies space in your C drive and makes your computer slow. To prevent this you can save your files to the drive and make a shortcut of that folder on your desktop so that you can open then quickly.
4.) Stop all the unnecessary startups:
When you boot your computer some of the programs will start automatically and makes your computer’s speed slow. To stop these startups all you need to do to, stop them all you don’t need. This will solve your question of why my computer is slow quiet bit.
Steps to stop unnecessary startups:
For Windows 7:
- Go to the start and then type Run that there is a popup will appear.
- Type “MSConfig” and then and a popup will appear then go to the services option where you see all the list of your startup programs.
- Uncheck all the boxes of the programs that you don’t need in your startup this will helps you to make your system or PC to run faster and smoother.
For Windows 8 and 10:
- Go to the search bar on the windows and type ”startup” and you will ”see the option see which processes startup automatically when you start Windows”.
- Then a new task manager popup will appear on the screen where you see all the list of the programs which start when you put up your computer.
- Right-click on the program that you don’t need on this startup time and disable it.
5.) Add some more RAM to your computer.
If your computer hardware is too old to run latest programs, you need to upgrade your RAM because the latest version of the programs that we need in our daily life occupies some of the RAM of the system.
To check the RAM percentage of your system follow these steps:
- Press control+shift+escape all together to run Windows Task Manager.
- From where go to the performance tab. If you see the number next to the available physical memory is less than 25% of the total memory then you need to upgrade or add more RAM to your system.
Also Read: Safe your Computer from data stealing.
6.) Change your power mode to high performance.
The last point of why my computer is slow is that to run your desktop computer or system in high performance so that you can prevent the freeze of a system. In the latest version of Windows from Windows 7 to the Windows 10, there is an option available in the windows which are high-performance mode. To select this mode to follow these steps.
Go to the control panel of your system and search for power options.
There you can see all list of power options then click on the high-performance mode. This option will suck your battery so fastly but it will help your system to increase its speed and overall performance.
If you can’t find the power option on the control panel and you are using a laptop then the below step will help you.
Click on the battery icon of your system and then you will see two modes in front of you which is balanced and high performance select the high-performance mode.
May Be You got the answer to your question Why My Computer is slow? There are also many ways to make your PC faster. But These 6 ways are best and relevant. In my opinion, You should analyze the problem of PC and then search for the problem on the Web rather than asking everyone Why My Computer is Slow? If you have any doubt then Please comment below. We are always available for you.