Every month there are many new smartphones is released, and we users purchase a new smartphone every year so that we will get a new and updated gadget. So, at that time we all want to move all our data from old phone to the new phone? Then a question arises of How to Clone a phone? Methods vary with every device like the method for cloning Android to Android is different, Android to iPhone is different and iPhone to Android is different.
Many people also search for How to clone a phone with a sim card, we will get back to this too, after completing the first question How to clone a cell phone without a sim card between different smartphones.
How to clone a phone with Android
In this section, we will cover the steps of cloning a smartphone between Android to Android and Android to iPhone. You can do this to make a backup phone or you can divide your work and personal life among two different smartphones. It’s all up to you.
How to clone a phone Android to Android
If you are using an Android Smartphone and purchased a new Android Device, then you can clone your smartphone easily, means you can transfer all your contacts, messages, photos, videos, songs, other files to your new smartphone.
There are many Android applications which help you to make a clone of your Android Device easily, and we are using the CloneIT app in our process.
- Download the application in both your smartphone to transfer your data easily. You can download the application from here.
- Then open the app on both the smartphones, and tap on the Sender button from which you want to send the files, and tap on Reciever button on the receiving device.
- Then you will see the sender name on the receiver device, then tap on this name.
- After that, you will see a request on the sender’s device. Grand it by tapping on Yes button. Then both the device will connect with each other.
- Then you will see a lot of options in the receiver’s smartphone. Select the things you want to get on your new device. And then tap on Start.
Note: We prefer you to only transfer messages, contacts, music, videos only and other important files but don’t transfer the applications because it only send the .apk format files of the applications and then you need to install the app one by one by yourself, it will occupy the space of your new device. Download the application on your new device from Google Play Store. And if you don’t have any internet connection, then you can send the applications.
- If you are sending the applications, then you need to grant another permission. When the sending process starts you will see an Auto Install Option on your screen, tap on it and grant the permission, it will install the applications by itself. But some of the settings you need to set by yourself.
There are some more applications by which you can clone your device between two Android Devices. You can check all the steps in the video.
How to clone a phone Android to iPhone
If you recently switch to iPhone then you need to transfer all your data from Android to iOS. You can transfer all your contacts, messages, notes, photos from your Android to your iPhone by an Android application “Move to iOS” this will help you to transfer all your data easily. Follow the steps, to transfer all your data.
First start both the phone and you will see a Welcome Screen on your iPhone.
Follow all the instructions, unless you see a screen like this, stop here, from this screen you will now transfer all your data from Android to iPhone.
Now, tap on the “Move Data from Android”, it will ask you to download “Move to iOS” app on your Android device from the Google Play Store.
It will transfer your contacts, images, songs, videos, messages, to your new iPhone, remember one thing, it will take a long time if the size of the transferring data is too huge. It will also install the iOS version of applications which are installed on your Android device. The apps which don’t have iOS version won’t get installed.
Download the app and open it, and then tap on Continue, and then accept all the terms and conditions.
- Then it will show a code, now get back to your iPhone and it will show you the code, it will confirm that both the devices are connected to the same network.
- You need to enter the code in your Android device manually, remember you need to connect both the devices to the same network so that the app can work properly.
- Then it will show you a screen to select the things which you want to send to your new iPhone.
- Now tap on Next and it starts to transfer all the data from your Android device to your iPhone, more the data more it will take the time.
- Then you will see a screen and then all you need to setup the iPhone as you normally do. It will ask you for the password of your Gmail Account.
- Now you can check your device you will see all your data on the iPhone just same as you see in Android.
Note: It won’t send the WhatsApp chat to your iPhone, you start your iPhone with a new plain WhatsApp. You won’t be able to get your old chat on your iPhone. If you have any doubt you can check this video.
How to clone a phone from iPhone to Android
You can do this very easily just follow the simple steps from the video. Things that you need to do this, internet connection, Gmail account, PC, iCloud account. By this method, you can transfer contacts, calendar events, photos, music, bookmarks.
How to clone a Phone remotely
There is no such method of cloning a phone remotely, but you can spy an Android Device. You can clone your smartphone only by the above methods. There are a ton of apps by which you can spy your android or iPhone. Check the Video below to learn how to spy on a cell phone remotely. This will be a great answer of How to clone a phone an iPhone.
These are the methods by which you can clone your smartphone easily, it doesn’t matter you are using Android or iPhone. You can clone any device. If you have any question more about How to Clone a Phone, or you are facing any issue in the process, comment below your issue and we will try to solve your query as fast as possible.